Fall 2009: Jake and Nancy learned that Nancy's breast cancer was stage four. Winter 2013: They are still fighting. This is a gathering place to follow their story, offer support, love and prayers... to be by their side.



Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Steady in the fight...


Last week was another chemo triple crown of Abraxane/Avastin/Zometa. It went well, but does make for a long day. My blood counts were quite low, so Jake gave me a couple extra shots of Neupogen this week and as a result I've been quite achy, though I'm pretty well recovered now. I had a fun/relaxing breakfast with my mom yesterday (photo attached).

I'm scheduled for a CT scan tomorrow, which will hopefully show another drastic reduction in the tumors. We'll review results with my oncologist next Thursday and make a plan for transitioning to the next therapy, which will likely be Femara.

In other news, I have signed up to exercise with a group of other cancer survivors, which has been really fun. The group is going to climb Mt. Adams this summer and they have allowed me to tag along during the training. Dr. Rinn didn't clear me to do the actual climb, so I won't be able to participate in the big event, but I'm having a great time meeting other women and having a little structure to my exercise routine.
Thanks again to everyone for your continued support, it really keeps us strong having such an amazing network of family and friends. -Nancy

No comments: